Sunday, December 16, 2012

DIY: Ribbon Christmas Trees

Whipper Berry has kept it simple, but stunning!  We love her tutorial on making these great ribbon trees!  We can totally see these being a year round home decor project.

Ribbon Trees
Instead of folding the ribbon in half (picture on left), I looped it around (picture on right).
p_100576310_1-              ribbon-no-image
First I spray painted my Paper Mache cones black. Then I cut black and white stitched grosgrain ribbon into pieces ranging from 2.5 –4 inches. I started with the longer pieces at the bottom. After looping the ribbon, I secured each piece with hot glue, and finished row by row, shortening the ribbon lengths as I got higher.
Ribbon Trees 018
On one tree I alternated colors every row, and on the other I alternated each piece.
Ribbon Trees 024-
I finished the top with a bit more ribbon wrapped around the tip.
Ribbon Trees 013
Now I have two beautiful trees that go perfectly with my new décor!

No comments:

Post a Comment