Tuesday, September 11, 2012

DIY: Folded Cupcake Liner Flower

Muffin Tin Mom has captured our hearts with this tutorial that turns everyday cupcake liners into adorable flowers.  We just can't get enough of paper flowers, and these are right on par with that idea.  She has TONS of other tutorials, so check it out!

FEb 17 2012 049
After school when she came home, she wanted to make one of her very own folded cupcake liner flower. So, we did. I was very careful to explain how hot glue works. It was definitely a moment I will never forget as I remember the first time I used a hot glue gun with my mom. We worked together to create her flower, folding the muffin liners around a paper circle and adding a button.

FEb 17 2012 065


Proud of her work.


paper cupcake liner flower


I attached an alligator clip to the back using hot glue, so she could put it in her hair.


folded paper cupcake liner flower



If there was a bonus, it would be that the pack of muffin liners was $1 at Dollar Tree. The clips were around $2.99 at Michaels (without a coupon), so with the items I had on hand, this project was around $2-4.


I cannot take credit for this idea. I was inspired by a several posts:

No comments:

Post a Comment